Never has so much been known about how cancer develops, spreads and evades treatment.
Over the past two decades, scientists worldwide have built an exquisitely detailed picture of the genetic mutations that fuel cancer’s destructive path. Yet we still face the enormous challenge of translating these insights into new medicines that can stop cancer.
We are building a fit-to-purpose drug hunting engine by integrating next-generation target identification and drug discovery technologies to solve current cancer care challenges and transform oncology treatment paradigms. Our target-centric approach allows us to discover these therapies in a systematic and sustained way by building our pipeline.
We bring together an unprecedented breadth of expertise and state-of-the art capabilities across biological data science, computational chemistry and chemical proteomics. Our leadership team has vast experience taming novel areas of biology and leading highly focused, productive drug development teams.
Scorpion is building transformative therapies to:
- Broaden the reach of precision oncology to treat many more patients
- Provide deeper, more durable responses
- Better targeting both primary and metastatic tissues while sparing healthy tissues and minimizing side effects
- Have potential to evade key mechanisms of cancer resistance
- Unique insights into cancer biology from our founders and team
- Leading expertise in cutting-edge bioinformatics to cast a light on the “dark matter” of the cancer genome and prioritize highest value targets
- World-class know-how in classical medicinal and computational chemistry to develop novel drug candidates capable of reaching targets previously considered off-limits
- Cutting-edge tools including affinity-based chemical proteomics coupled with machine learning to enable rapid and intelligent hit discovery, compound refinement and lead optimization
- Biomarker-driven trial design to power nimble and efficient clinical development
- Proven expertise in translational medicine and clinical development for targeted cancer therapies
Ultimately, Scorpion will measure success by the only metrics that truly matter – new candidates brought to the clinic, new medicines approved and better outcomes for patients.
Scorpion will transform cancer treatment by addressing precision oncology’s current limitations in three tracks of pipeline build.
Click on a track to learn more.